Just finished up an informal survey of male members on their top nightmare dates, the kind of girls that sent them peeping at their watches for the first chance to take flight! Surprise! It’s NOT JUST the looks (well not for most males but for some really super superifical folks, yeah looks are everything.)
Top 5 Types of Nightmare dates (For the Guys & the Consultants):
1) The Complain Queen. She is the Queen of the Nightmare Queens. Complaining everything from the food to the service at the restaurant as well as bitching about her bad dates or her Dating Consultant, and the driver that cut her path…. It is as though the whole world is purposely against her, there is always something she can pick on. Geunine attempts to diverse her of her complaints typically do not work as she is caught up in her worldview that everyone or everything is aginst her. Sending off a whiney and negative vibe, her dates usually ended up with the guys silently counting down to the end of dinner, usually with a massive headache from all that negative energy.
2) The Nitpicker. Have you come across people who CANNOT appreciate or remember the good things but will always remember the bad or any hint of it? One guy revealed how a lady in her late 30s, smsed him after a blind date supposedly to thank him but the impression he got is she was nitpicking on the color of the napkins, temperature of the drink, done-ness of the food, and her “thank you for dinner intention” was eventually lost in translation. We have also came across members who nitpicked on the weight whether it is 56kg or 57kg, and whether the person’s name end with a “n” or “m” and overlooked the most important thing of all – Your Date and the communication with him/her.
3) The Cheapo. Guys generally do not like it if the girls purposely chose an expensive restaurant to “con” their dates into paying for them, because they are too cheap to pay it for the meals themselves. This also translates into members who would purposely condemn their dates to us, demanding for extra matches, while keeping in close contact with the dates they supposedly condemned as “Total mismatch! Absolutely Horrendous!”.
4) The High and Mighty. The super achievers who are caught in a dichtomy. They can achieve everything they want to in their career and work but when it comes to romance, they resent the reality that they are facing – Got Money, Got Career, Got house/Car/Dog But No Man and now they have to come to us for help! Hence the complexes and as one guy puts it, “They think too highly of themselves and set themselves to fall by behaving in such a high and mighty manner! Demanded for so many things but have they taken a good look at themselves?” Apart from the usual demands on education level, income level, some have even specific requirements on height as well as looks when they themselves look their age.
5) The Needy. The girl who needs 20 smses or calls to confirm a date or location, and needs assurance every tiny step of the way, with an almost compulsive need to confirm and reconfirm the number of toes on his left foot or the number of moles he has on his back. Might have a second date if the guy did not catch on immediately, but her flood of sms and/or calls after the first date will usually end it.
Here you have it! The Top 5 Nightmare Dates for Guys (and us!). Watch this space for more dating trivia such as The Top 5 Nightmare Dates for Girls!